FAQ: I'm having trouble uploading my images
I'm having trouble uploading my images
Q: I'm having trouble uploading my images
I'm having trouble uploading my images, what is the problem?
1. IF YOU'RE USING INTERNET EXPLORER:
It's likely a "trusted sites" issue; Make sure both 'cloud.fineartstudioonline.com' and 'data.fineartstudioonline.com' are in your trusted sites. Using a different browser works too. More info at:
2. MAKE SURE YOUR IMAGE IS A JPG.
Just renaming an image does not automatically make it a JPG. If your images are not JPG files already you will have to open them in a photo editing program and re-save them as JPGs.
3. MAKE SURE YOUR JPG IS IN THE CORRECT FORMAT
JPGs must be in RGB mode (this is usually the default unless you save for print usage). JPGs must also be set to the 8-bits per channel mode. (Under Image/Mode in Photoshop). Again, 8-bits per channel is normally the default.
NOTE: For Photoshop users who have images with an 'Embedded Profile,' it is important to use sRGB mode. For more info, see this FAQ:
4. MAKE SURE THAT THE .JPG FILE NAME CONTAINS ONLY LETTERS AND NUMBERS. If your file name includes non-letters and non-numbers such as '$"_/, etc., you need to remove these characters, rename the file and save the new file.
5. MAKE SURE YOUR IMAGES ARE NOT TOO BIG.
Depending on the speed of your internet connection, your uploads may be 'timing out' if your images are too large. In general, for web use, your images don't need to be any larger than 1200 pixels along the longest dimension. (They do need to be a minimum of 550 pixels on one side.)
6. Try a DIFFERENT browser. Our software has been tested on all major browsers but occasionally personalized settings or third party add-ins can cause issues. You can download Firefox from www.mozilla.org.
7. Be sure all of your security and privacy settings on your browser are set to medium or default.
8. Be sure the image is not in use or locked.
If the image is open in another program (like Photoshop) or if the computer 'thinks' it is open - sometimes it will be 'locked' and you won't be able to upload it. Make sure it is not open in another program - and if it still doesn't work reboot the computer.
9. REBOOT - this is always a good thing to try with any persistent error.
We have seen unexplainable problems just 'disappear' after rebooting.
10. WHAT IF I STILL GET AN ERROR MESSAGE?
If you've tried all of the above and still get an error message during the upload process, especially if it happens more than once, please email ONE of the images that you were attempting to upload to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will attempt to upload it and see if we can duplicate the problem.[/HTML]
TAGS: images, image upload issue, can't upload
Generated using FAQ Generator by Expinion.net