Informed Collector Recommends:
Oil 36 x 24
Indian Summer by Dan Petrov was selected as FAV 15% in the May 2017 BoldBrush Painting Competition.
As a classically trained painter, I paint in the so-called "Western Tradition" of realism as the sum of formal principles and techniques dominating art of Europe and the United States.
Painting takes us in three directions: inside our self, outside into the world and inside the process of painting itself. Paintings originate from a personal level of memories, dreams, feelings and ideas. Paintings reflect the world. This could be a new perception of everyday objects, intellectual position to a problem, social comment, a view of natural or cultural environments or combination of these.
- 2010 - 2016 Teaching painting and drawing at Dan Petrov Art Studio
- 2006 - 2010 "The Atelier" Studio Program of Fine Art, Comprehensive four year program in the craft and traditional techniques of painting.
- 1996 - 1998 Atelier DePaoli, Windsor, Ontario, Canada
- 1992 - 1996 Museum Art Study in Canada and USA
- 1084 - 1988 Museum Art Study troughout Europe
- 1979 - 1983 University of Novi Sad, Serbia, Master of Arts in Liberal Studies
Gallery Shows and Exhibitions:
- Minneapolis Club, Minneapolis, MN, 2015
- One man show in Burnsville Art Center, MN, 2013
- Bristol Art Gallery, Bristol, RI, 2011
- Tamarack Gallery, Stillwater, MN, 2010
- Bloomington Art Center, MN, 2010
- Doubletake Gallery, Burnsville, MN 2010
- Minnesota State Art Pavilion, 2010
- Burnsville Art Center, MN, 2010
Learn More About Dan Petrov