Can I replace the heading on my site with a custom logo?-
How do I change the background image on my site?-
Can I preview a site style before selecting it?-
Can I change the fonts used on my site?-
How do I change my website's look - the template?-
Q: Can I replace the heading on my site with a custom logo?
Can I replace the heading on my site with a custom logo?
A: You can replace the heading on your site with a custom logo. These instructions will work on all of the Enhanced Site styles. If you are using an older, non-enhanced site style you may need to have us apply the logo as a custom change (*see below).
Create your logo or have your graphic designer create the logo.
1. Create a .jpg image file of your logo in the exact size that you wish it to appear.
The 'logo feature' uses the full size image.
[The perfect size of your image file will vary depending on design. For starters, we suggest 600 pixels wide and 100 pixels tall. If the first image you upload does not fit per your preference, you can always upload a second image that is a slightly different size.]
2. Use the same background color for your logo as the background color of your website.
[It is important to note that although your logo may have a transparent background in your Photoshop .psd file WHEN you save it as a .jpg file (in order to be able to upload the file to your FASO software), your photo editing software will always add a white background to the .jpg file unless otherwise specified.]
Upload your .jpg file of logo to Other Images:
1. Login to Control Panel
2. click on Art and Images: Other Images Other
3. click on Add New
4. upload the image
5. return to Home Screen of your control panel
Place logo on your site:
1. Click 'My Administration Info'
2. Click 'Other Advanced Odds and Ends'
3. For Logo option (bottom left), select your logo from the drop-down menu
4. Click 'Save Changes'
*For older site styles:
If you would like to replace the heading on your site with a logo here is what you need to do - note there is a fee for us to do the custom work:
1. Pick a site style that you are comfortable with and do not wish to change.
2. Create a jpg of your logo in the size that you wish it to appear and using the same colors as the site style you selected.
3. Make sure the background color of the JPG is the SAME as the background color of your site style.
4. Upload logo image to Images Other Than Artwork
5. Open a ticket requesting that we change your heading to your logo.
6. We will customize the site for you. Our fee for this work is $12.50.
Q: How do I change the background image on my site?
How do I change the background image on my site?
A: 1. Log in to your control panel
2. Click "Edit Site Style"
3. Change the "Background Image" to the appropriate image.
4. Click Update
Keep in mind, the "Background image", is the background BEHIND your site. The "Page Background Image" is the background image used inside the border of your site behind the text of your site. These images are meant to be textures or something kind of neutral that would have been uploaded to "Images other than artwork." You can use an artwork image but we generally don't recommend it, since it will make the site quite "busy"
Q: Can I preview a site style before selecting it?
Can I preview a site style before selecting it?
A: No, there is no "preview" at this time. However, the styles are applied instantly, so you can select a style, look at your site, and if you don't like it, go back to the style you had previously. This can all be done in minutes or less.
Q: Can I change the fonts used on my site?
Can I change the fonts used on my site?
A: Since our sites are template-driven, you are not able to change the built-in fonts used on your site.
1. If you are using one of our older Site Styles, your site can be customized by our techs to use specific fonts at our rate of $50/hour.
2. If you are using one of the ENHANCED Site Styles, we will happily change your fonts using CSS (no charge - for the use of the same font site-wise).
3. In any text editing screen, you CAN change fonts by clicking on Full Screen Mode (bottom edge of text box area).
Keep in mind that it is best to stick with common fonts on the web because if your site visitor does not have the same font installed on their browser, your website will not display properly. The font displayed will be the default font selected by the user's browser.
Common web fonts:
Comic Sans MS
Times New Roman
Q: How do I change my website's look - the template?
How do I change the template of my website?
A: 1. Log in to your control panel
2. In Left Menu bar, hover over 'Site Appearance'
3. Click on 'Templates'
4. Choose the style you want
NOTE: we recommend an ENHANCED template
5. Save Changes