Can I add a pdf file to my website?-
How do I create a TABLE in the Full Screen Mode?-
Q: Can I add a pdf file to my website?
Can I add a pdf file to my website?
A: A: Yes. Here's how:
First upload the pdf file:
-FASO control panel
-click on Other Functions (bottom center)
-click File Upload
-click on Click Here to Add a New File
-follow instructions that include:
1. Click Browse
2. Select an File (only .pdf or .txt allowed)
3. Click "Upload the File"
-Once the file is uploaded - click on
'Click here to return to the files page'
-Highlight and COPY the URL of the PDF you just uploaded
Now insert link to PDF file:
-Click into the page you want to add link to (far left column - or click 'More Categories')
-Type in the text you wish to link the PDF to (for example, 'click here to open pdf file')
-highlight this text
-go to tool bar and click the 'chain' icon (4th from the right, says 'Insert/edit link' when you hover over it)
-New screen pops up
-paste the url of the file to the url text line
-Select target as 'New Window'
Q: How do I create a TABLE in the Full Screen Mode?
I want more control over formatting in a text box when adding multiple images and text.
How do I do this?
A: NOTE: With the advent of mobile viewing, designing with tables is now HEAVILY frowned upon because of different screen widths.
Essentially, tables should ONLY be used for tabular data.
Follow these instructions for creating a table, adding images to table cells, and adding hyperlinks.
- Click the page you want to edit
- Click the 'Full Screen Mode for ...' button at the bottom of the 'Text' box
To create a table and get the columns:
- On the row of tools, Click the drop down ARROW on the right. This provides a 2nd row of tools.
- in the middle of the row, just to the right of the ANCHOR, is the 'Inserts a new table' button (says 'Inserts a new table' if you hover over the button with your mouse).
- click on the 'Inserts a new table' button
- a pop up window comes up
---- Select the size of the table you want by entering the number of Cols (columns) and Rows in the correct text boxes
---- Add 8 or 10 for Cell Padding
---- You can choose to align the table if needed
---- (all other options are left blank)
- Hit Insert button
- Now you can enter text and or images in the columns as you want them to appear. The boxes will grow as you add more text.
To add an image to one of the cells (this can be done in either Full Screen Mode OR Main Editing screen):
- place cursor in the cell and click it so it recognizes the cell
-Click on Insert image icon (top row of tools, 3rd from right, a mountain & sun icon )
-A window will pop up with three ways to add an image:
1. Add a New Image from Your Computer
2. Use an Image that you've already uploaded
3. Use an Image from the another Website
-click on your preference
-Choose your image
-click one of the 2 insert button choices
-Click Save Changes
When you get the look you want, click one of the Save buttons.
2.Insert Hyperlink in full screen composer (this can be done in either Full Screen Mode or Main Editing screen)
- Select (highlight) the text (or image) that you want to place the hyperlink in
- Once selected, go to tool bar
- Select the 'chain link' icon - when you hover over this it will say 'Insert /edit link'
- New screen will pop up
- Add the url, address of the link in the url text box
- Select target as 'New Window'
Hit Save Changes
You can also modify the table once it has been created by using additional tools in tool bar (to the right of the insert table tool):
Merge Table Cells