Cosmic Chameleon template
Last week, we showed you the first of our responsive templates - Morphic Maplelicious. Today, we're happy to share the second template in this series, Cosmic Chameleon. It's a new look with new features. As a reminder, responsive templates rearrange elements on the website as necessary to look great on all screen sizes. This allows your site to look awesome to visitors whether they are on a smartphone, a tablet or a desktop computer.
Of course, this falls into the Gen 3 template category, which include:
* Up to 13 main navigation categories
* built-in support for Facebook "like" buttons
* improved design and css capabilities
* improved email newsletter signup features
* PayPal "Buy Now" system upgraded and includes a shopping cart
* unlimited miscellaneous pages with new "pages" module
* much more
If you're interested in the Cosmic Chameleon template, it will only take a few minutes to add to your site...
1. From your FASO control panel home page, click on the Design link in the upper navigation bar.
2. Then, click the link that says Change Your Site's Template
3. You'll need to click on the image that says Cosmic Chameleon
5. It'll then show you a preview page. Click the link that says Use this template design on your site.
6. You'll then get confirmation that changes have been made.
While Morphic Maplelicious doesn't support user colors, Cosmic Chameleon is adjustable. Some users are already enjoying the new template - take a look at how they've made it unique for them.
Cosmic Chameleon, responsive and taking your website right into the future - making it easy for collectors to love your art.
3 Responses to FASO Releases Cosmic Chameleon Template
|Sarah Watts |
|55 months ago|
Nice web design. I moved to Morphic Mapelicious to get the device sizing, but don't like the colors and the fact that I can't choose any. As for the moveable templates on Cosmic chameleon, I think they are gimmicky and distracting and would never use them for a serious, professional fine art website.
Thanks, FASO,for asking us for input.
|55 months ago|
I clicked on several of the sample websites and the text on them looks all jumbled -- in some cases the font size is too large, the row spacing is way too wide and not consistent. Makes me nervous about how my website might look on someone else's screen in spite of some of the benefits.
|Clint Watson |
|55 months ago|
Sarah - Not sure what you mean by "moveable templates" on Cosmic Chameleon. Maybe you mean the artworks reordering themselves. That is a symptom that can happen if the image sizes are all different as the system finds the best way to put them in a Pinterest style layout. We are working on ideas to have a way to pre-render the image sizes in future templates that would not result in some images "swapping". Ironically, many artists have given us feedback the opposite way saying that they want more "movement" in their websites. We'll keep adding more options!
Ellie - what browser and version are you using? We're not seeing anything jumbled in our tests. Depending on screen size the font can be large, but remember that those are actual customer sites, the non-consistent row spacing may be customer content and also remember, the font sizes change depending on the device.