Senior Software Engineer
San Antonio or Austin, Texas
Weekly Hours: 40
At BoldBrush, we know that art can transform lives and make the world a better place. That’s why for over a decade we’ve made it our mission is to inspire the world’s artists, collectors and art lovers by connecting them with each other and with great art. We provide the art community with technology that is simple to use, empowering and beautiful. And we back that technology with live support powered by people who are passionate about art and tenacious, ingenious and driven to make every interaction remarkable.
We’re seeking a senior software engineer in the San Antonio or Austin area to help us build our FASO Artist Website application.
You’ll work with our product–development team to build new functionality into our product, and with our customer–support team to resolve issues as they arise. You’ll be required to be creative in your work. We try to keep meetings to an absolute minimum so you can spend your time focusing on what you love to do.
FASO is pushing hard in the areas of user-interface design & experience, web-services, and distributed redundancy. We are currently looking for software engineers who are eager to solve some hard problems in these areas. The ideal candidate will be able to work well with minimal supervision and be comfortable with working on various layers of a complex system powering thousands of websites.
As a member of the team, you will be working with other engineers with years of startup experience developing and integrating large-scale backend systems. You will build the engine powering highly interactive web applications that support the dreams of thousands of visual artists. Our work environment is relaxed and highly collaborative. If you see yourself working on interesting problems with us, we'd love to meet you.
- Write server-side code for web-based applications, create robust high-volume production applications, and develop prototypes quickly. You should also have a strong understanding of, and practical experience with, PHP web application development.
- Build and maintain platforms and systems infrastructure at the core of FASO.
- Build internal systems with your domain expertise in customer support, finance and marketing.
- Collaborate with engineers and designers to deliver strong customer-focused experiences.
- Deep experience in web applications, distributed systems, performance analysis, network systems, large scale storage systems, and web infrastructure.
- Extensive programming experience in PHP(strong OO skills preferred).
- A solid foundation in computer science, with competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design practices.
- Strong understanding of database design, caching and scalability, and/or knowledge of TCP/IP and network programming are a plus.
- Experience and knowlege with Microsoft technologies (IIS, SQL Server, asp) a plus.
Tools & Technologies
- SQL Server
Interested in applying for this job?
To apply, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure that you attach a current version of your resume and any other information that you think is relevant to this job opportunity.