Junior Software Engineer
San Antonio or Austin, Texas
Weekly Hours: 40
At BoldBrush, we know that art can transform lives and make the world a better place. That’s why for over a decade we’ve made it our mission is to inspire the world’s artists, collectors and art lovers by connecting them with each other and with great art. We provide the art community with technology that is simple to use, empowering and beautiful. And we back that technology with live support powered by people who are passionate about art and tenacious, ingenious and driven to make every interaction remarkable.
We’re seeking a junior software engineer in the San Antonio or Austin area to help us build our FASO Artist Website application.
FASO is pushing hard in the areas of user-interface design & experience, web-services, and distributed redundancy. We are currently looking for software engineers who are eager to solve some hard problems in these areas. The ideal candidate will be able to work well with minimal supervision and be comfortable with working on various layers of a complex system powering thousands of websites.
- Write server-side code for web-based applications, create robust high-volume production applications, and develop prototypes quickly. You should also have a strong understanding of, and practical experience with, PHP web application development.
- build and maintain html/css required to drive our artist website template systems.
- build/maintain html/css required to drive areas of our front-end sites.
- Collaborate with engineers and designers to deliver strong customer-focused experiences.
- Programming experience in PHP(strong OO skills preferred).
- Programming experience in html/css
- Strong understanding of database design, caching and scalability, and/or knowledge of TCP/IP and network programming are a plus.
- Experience and knowledge with Microsoft technologies (IIS, SQL Server, asp) a plus.
- Link to some samples of your code on github.
Tools & Technologies
- SQL Server
Interested in applying for this job?
To apply, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure that you attach a current version of your resume and any other information that you think is relevant to this job opportunity.